Monday, July 23, 2012

A surprise birthday guest




I love this picture of two friends that have known each other for almost 20 years.  It was so fun to surprise Shawn for his birthday by flying Dave out here to spend a weekend, watch some soccer, see our new house, and spend time with the kids.  I miss our dear East Coast friends and Dave and his wife Christie are some of those people.  Dave and Christie introduced Shawn and I to one another and well the rest is history.  It is so nice when people visit who know you and you don't have to catch them up.   They know what you like and dislike they remember you when and have liked you in spite of yourself which is always nice. 

Dave and I had been planning this for a couple of months and Shawn was so surprised when I went to pick Dave up from the airport I finally told the kids  he was coming and then we walked in the door and Shawn came down the stairs totally shocked.  Shawn is one of those guys who doesn't really need anything and is a bit hard to buy for so I thought a weekend with Dave hanging out was as good as it gets and I was right!  We love you Dave and miss you so much.  Thanks for coming and surprising Shawn and thanks to all the folks who helped especially Christie his wife and my parents who fronted the money so Shawn wouldn't know.  Happy Birthday my love!

No comments: