Monday, July 23, 2012

A birthday for Babes really late

Okay so Marin turned 3 back in May right after a trip and right before 6 solid weeks of visitors all of whom we enjoyed but also made it a bit difficult to give my Baby girl her due blog post.  I have been forming this post in my mind for the past two months and all I want to share about this amazing baby girl. 

3 is difficult for me but Marin was so excited so I celebrated with her and cried in private.  She has been awaiting this birthday since Symeon turned 4 in February so for 3 months she would point out things in the store and ask for them for her birthday she already knew what kind of party she wanted can you guess?  Yes a second year of a princess party although there was a slight twist with a few pirate themed ideas as well.  We had so much fun celebrating her all week long and making her feel as special as we believe she is to us and the world. 

If you know Babes you know she is spunky and there are days Shawn and I don't really know what to do with her.  Today he asked me how did we get a little Diva and although I am not sure I do know she is perfect for our family and brings so much joy to us all everyday.  She smiles easily, laughs big, talks often with her hands on her hips for emphasis, she can take out a 5 year old boy if she has to (and she did which we talked about), she tests us on every thing, is very dramatic, creative, has an amazing imagination, and did I mention she challenges us on everything.   She is pretty sure every thing is not fair unless it goes her way and she often says "never ever" will I do that and then she gets in trouble and there is drama as she flops down on the ground.  The other day she yelled Mom I need you and when I went to see she said I need to give you a hug.  She hugs often and gives lots of kisses.  She loves to snuggle and wants to sit on our laps all the time which is fine with us. 

She continues to love dresses that twirl so she is often wearing dresses more suited for church, weddings, and Easter Sunday rather than going down the slide but she does everything with a bit of Babes style.  She also prefers to go without her underwear and although we have discussed the importance of them I have been strapping her into her car seat several times only to discover she is naked under her pretty dress.  Even today we went hiking as a family and the first time she had to pee in the woods I realized she had no underwear on ooops! 

One of her favorite things right now is to pretend she is someone else and when that is happening we all have to call her by the name of the person she is pretending to be Dora is her favorite.  When she is Dora she will not respond to her own name.  I actually remember doing this as a child and would not respond at all when my parents called me by my name instead waiting for the name that I had chosen.  She is her Mother's daughter. 

I am having a hard time accepting that she is 3 there are days I am sure I am talking to a 13 year old because of the looks she gives and her attitude and then there are the days she snuggles in my lap and I can remember so clearly bringing her home from the hospital.  She is not a baby although she loves them and keeps asking if I am going to get one in my belly.  Her favorite line is "I do it all by myself Mama" and that she does she is determined to do everything for herself regardless of how long it takes her to do it.  She can blow up just about any balloon you give her just because she did not like the idea that she couldn't so she stuck with it for days until she figured it out. 

Marin brightens every room she enters with a warm heart, a bright smile, lots of hugs, a sweet spirit, and a presence that makes her unforgettable.  Marin we love you and are so glad you are a part of our family.  We cherish everyday with you and we loved showering you with love on your special day.  We felt so blessed the day you came into the world and we continue to feel those blessings everyday  of your life.  We also continue to pray for you and for us as we try to figure out how to be the best parents to you!  I know God gave you to us because we fit one another and I know your presence in the world asks us to be better everyday and for that we are forever grateful to the One who gave you to us so our refinement in the world can continue. 

Marin there are so many days I don't know how to be your Mother I feel ill-equipped to handle the "large" person you are wrapped up in a tiny little body.  I have been on my knees many days since you were born looking for guidance and wisdom to be the best for you and although there are so many days I feel like I fall short I know we have been put together for so many reasons.  You are a delight and joy that fills my heart with love and laughter on a daily basis.  You are stubborn and a bit hard headed (just like PaPaw says about me) and those two qualities will take you far in life.  On your birthday I celebrate one of the greatest gifts I have ever been given and that is a daughter so filled with life that it is palpable when you walk into the room.  Like your Daddy and I say you are a little tornado and you are our tornado and we love you so much!  Happy Birthday our sweet dear Babes McGee. 

 Marin Treva, May 16, 2009 7lb. 15 oz 19 inches long








 First birthday


2 years old


 The day of her 3rd birthday


1 comment:

Lisa said...

So precious! I have a special place in my heart for "large" people, though I am ill-equipped as well.

Amazing how much she still looks like that very first baby picture!