Thursday, January 19, 2012

Updated pics of our new house

People have been asking me for some new pictures of the house since we added color and a few other things.  We are still not done we have an island to get installed and some lighting needs to be addressed but we are getting closer.  Here are a few pictures of what we have done so far. It is still a work in progress and probably will be for years. 

 A brick accent wall we just added and Marin's favorite seat




 Entryway and stairs.  We painted and had the carpet ripped up and the floors refinished.  


 Our bedroom


 Upstairs bath, this is on my renovation list although we will for sure keep the claw foot tub.  


 Babes room, Cinderella style.  She told me she wanted it blue like Cinderella's dress.  I am not a themed room person I actually can't stand them even for children to be honest at least not in my house but her Daddy won out on this one.  We did compromise with wall stickers that peel right off when we she doesn't like it anymore which I am hoping is soon.  But gosh she was so happy helping telling me where she wanted all the stickers.  It was so fun!


 What would be a set of pics without a bit of Babes attitude


 Symeon wanted a rainbow room, one wall purple, one yellow, one black and one white?  What I compromised and gave him a purple accent wall with 3 gray walls.  He has angry birds and the solar system.  He loves planets and space right now and it looks really great on the purple wall.  His Dad also won out on this room as well but once again wall stickers that come right off.  Symeon was so happy putting these on as well deciding what his solar system would look like it was such family fun.  


 They wanted me to take a picture of them doing something funny and this is what they decided on, so cute 



 Our newly finished stairs I love the way they came out they just a bit of trim work and they are finished.  

 The dark family room is getting better we added some nice green to the walls and we are changing the lighting to brighten it up a bit.  

 My office slash the spare bedroom.  I love both of these colors.  



  A close up of the wall


Kitchen and dining room but that light fixture is going hopefully by tomorrow with some additional lighting added above the sink.  


 The living room with the fireplace and our first meal there, pizza from the local pizza shop.  


Entry way with a low coat rack for the kids.  I am so glad I changed the color from green to this warm taupe. 

1 comment:

Andi said...

I love all these pictures. They show me where you guys, and that helps me feel closer to you.
By far, though, Marin's attitude just brightens my day . . . probably because I'm 2000 miles away. :)Although I expect that even there, I'd love it.