Thursday, January 19, 2012

Sick kids means lots of computer time for Mama

Well we have been battling bronchitis in our house all week.  Poor Symeon has been coughing to the point of turning bright red and for hours on end at night.  He is on an antibiotic but with the cough, fever, snot nose, and did I mention the coughing he has been mostly laying on the couch for about 4 days.  He often wants me to sit with him which gives me lots of computer time so I am feeling a bit caught up on some computer stuff I wanted to get done but a bit behind in most other areas. 

This was Symeon's first morning not waking up at 5 am and coughing for 2 hours or so but Marin took up where he left off up at 5 am coughing for 2 plus hours so we will see if we are headed back to the doctor tomorrow.  Overall though we have been pretty healthy this winter season so I can't complain.  I  must confess the anal side of me who had our week all planned out with playdates, dinner guests, school, volunteering, and a host of other fun stuff had a hard time setting aside my agenda for a quiet week at home.  I am a get up and go kind of person and mid-week when I was stir crazy I took the kids to a local coffee shop to get them each a cookie and me a boba for some sanity and it was a disaster.  Kids coughing, crying, acting out people staring and me frustrated and over tired so not managing myself the best.  I have slept in the recliner with a sick kid for several nights and although I must confess I loved holding them it was hard to watch them in so much pain.  I do enjoy the quiet of the middle of the night while rocking a sweet baby in your arms.

Here has been our week in a nutshell when you run a 102 fever for several days there is little you can or want to do, my poor guy.  I knew it was bad when I offered to play his favorite game and he said Mom I can't play with you now I am just to sick. 


 

No comments: