Monday, January 16, 2012

Christmas part II - Symeon's school holiday party

Symeon's preschool class had great holiday party.  It was a lot of fun and it included all the kids, their parents, and their siblings.  I am always so glad that Shawn is able to attend these things with us.  He is always one of the few Dad's who are able to attend and we feel blessed that we have been able to make some life decisions that give him the flexibility to be a part of our children's day to day life.


 We signed up to bring in the healthy snack this time and since I was a bit bummed we didn't get cupcakes since I had a great idea for snowmen I had to find a creative way to present a healthy snack.  My two helpers made it even more fun.  I found this tree in a magazine they used tomatoes but we substituted grapes instead which was a bit hit with the kids.  Super easy and fun because the kids helped build the whole thing.  

 Babes making herself at home at Brother's school.  She loves going there and she had a willing patient for her medical clinic.  She hardly ever participates in the activities instead she usually plays with all the toys.  

 Symeon building his gingerbread house.  


 I love these two pictures because both kids right now want to match the parent of the same gender.  Marin especially wants to wear boots if I am wearing them and red shoes if I am wearing them.  She even wants to wear her polka dot pj's if I am wearing mine.  It is so sweet and the day of the party she realized we all had on matching shoes which made her really happy.  


Enjoying a few snacks at the party.  I always find it interesting to go to Symeon's classroom.  When it is so chaotic and there are so many people in his class he often shuts down and sticks pretty close to Shawn or I and interacts very little with the other kids.  There are several kids in his class who do the same thing.  Shawn and I always talk about it since we both do the same thing in large groups that feel a bit chaotic. We also made pretzels with chocolate and M&M's and put them in goody bags for his class but we forgot to take pictures.  I also racked my brain for a gift for his teachers so I decided we would make homemade Oatmeal bread which turned out great and we were able to deliver it to them hot out of the oven.  It was a big hit and I think it will become my signature gift. 

No comments: