Monday, January 16, 2012

Christmas in CT part V

Well we finally made it to CT for a few days to celebrate Christmas over New Year's.  We had a relaxing and enjoyable time but by the time we got there we were all exhausted and happy to hang our at my parent's and brother's house.  We went for walks because it was beautiful weather and overall spent a ton of time with family.  Once again I took very few pictures but luckily my Mom took quite a few so here we having some fun over a blessed and restful holiday.



 The cousins - Austin 11 soon to be 12, Clover 10, Symeon 3 soon to be 4, Marin 2 and 1/2



 Here are the cute hats my Mom made the kids


 Austin opening his slingshot


 Symeon opening up his rocket from Auntie and Uncle Mike


Symeon opening up his bungee cords from Paw Paw, they were a big hit. Marin in the background with her Little Ponies and a hat from Oma.  

 Opening up cameras from Oma and Papaw, we have been doing lots of photo shoots since these were opened.  They take video as well so we have put on lots of shows.  


 Marin and I sporting our hats



 Clover got a dollhouse she can put together and decorate herself.  Her sidekick Marin was impressed.  


 Austin loves popcorn and since he had eaten all of my Mom and Dad's they bought him some more.  


 My Dad made us this cross as a house blessing for our new home.  I look forward to hanging it in our entry way.  We love it!

 PaPaw made Marin and angel for her new room.  It is beautiful and I can't wait to hang it in her new room.  She loved it although this picture does not do it justice.  


 When we went to Hershey we had customized Hershey wrappers made for Austin and Clover.  


 My Dad's new floor mats for his truck  


 She loves her Uncle Mike


 He adores his Auntie Traci


I just loved this picture of my Dad.  I think it captures an essence about him that is hard to put into words. 

 Clover and her Daddy

 They both received Babies.  Marin loves this baby and sleeps with it every night.  


 Clover and Symeon building a trap with the new bungee cords.  



 Here they are being indulged by my parents.  They are eating breakfast on the couch while they watched their morning show.  Yes the strawberries are healthy but the other bowl is full of Lucky Charms.  Connecticut is the only place they get sugar cereal for breakfast.  I have a pretty strict no sugar cereal policy in our home but CT is a free for all and they love every minute as do I.  



 This is the finished Gingerbread house they made with Oma.  They did lots of crafts in her craft room and often when one of them woke up they would ask Oma if she wanted to do crafts.  Hours of fun for them all.  




 The girls in their hockey jersey's Marin is yelling go Flyers


 One of the many many tea party's Marin hosted with her new tea set.  Thanks Auntie Judy, Steve, and Jesse it was a big hit.  We continue to have them everyday here at home as well.  


 Symeon is teaching my Dad how to use the kindle fire.  

New Year's Eve was lots of fun with family.  We hung out at Mike and Traci's house and with my parents.   We all started to melt down right before midnight so we went to my parents to watch the ball drop.  Symeon and I fell asleep about 10 minutes of 12 and Marin made it to see the ball drop.  I love this picture of our family just being together saying good-bye to one year and welcoming another.  I feel overwhelmed with a deep sense of gratitude and love for my husband and children and I look forward to another year of living life with them.  


 These two are so sweet together they adore each other so much and have so much fun.  Clover is so good at making them feel loved and special along with being a ton of fun.  


I love these random pictures of Marin.  She wore this hat a good portion of the  morning.  She looked so cute they were wearing it during the magic show they were doing where they sawed Austin in half.  It was really sweet when they told me don't worry Mom they were pretend swords.  

We had a beautiful and wonderful holiday season full of blessings and love.  Thank you to everyone who made our family feel so loved. 

1 comment:

Lisa said...

SUCH great pictures! I love the one of your dad for the very same reasons. That is...HIM!