Monday, January 30, 2012

A great birthday

I had such a wonderful birthday.  It was a fun packed day where I felt special and loved.  I enjoyed a pretty "normal" day with some special birthday fun tossed in to make the day even better.  I must admit these birthdays in my 30's are melting together a bit I had to double check with Shawn how old I was this year.  I remember my Mom having to figure out how old she was when I was a kid and I could never understand that since I was always looking forward to my birthday but now I understand.  Age is really not that important to me and so I had a good laugh when I asked Shawn how old I was this year. 

I started my day sleeping in which was a treat and when I woke up I received a bunch of birthday love and my present wrapped by the kids it was so sweet.  They picked out a red polka dot bike computer for my bike which I have been wanting for quite sometime.  It was so sweet and the cards they picked were awesome Symeon always picks a  card that sings and Marin chose a princess card they were really funny. 

Then the kids and I went to volunteer and I enjoyed lots of phone calls, emails, FB messages, and texts with special birthday wishes.  I was so touched by the kind, thoughtful, loving messages and cards.  Then the kids and I went to our favorite coffee shop for a birthday Boba and then we were off to the playground.  The weather was beautiful and we had lots of fun on a warm January day.  We went home for lunch and a little quiet time for the kids and a great work out for me. 

After quiet time and a work out we had a spontaneous birthday dance party for a good portion of the afternoon.  At Symeon's school on people's birthday they do a dance party and he loves it so it was his suggestion so we turned up the tunes and had a great time dancing and singing.  It was honestly the highlight of my birthday we had such fun as a family and I love to watch Symeon and Marin dance it is so cute they both get into it.  Then we went to Lil Kickers and then I decided to have pizza for my birthday dinner and we did a picnic dinner in the living room it was perfect.  We ended the day with Carvel ice cream cake and a great round of singing Happy Birthday by the kids.  I ended my wonderful day by putting Marin to sleep a she wanted to hold my hand while she drifted off to sleep.  I laid with her for awhile after she feel asleep listening to her breathe while we held hands.  It was a great ending to a wonderful day being loved on by my family and friends. 









 Pizza Party


The Dance Party

Love the dance train.  Marin is rockin' out!

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Sounds fabulous! For some reason (so far) I can remember Shaun's age and then I just subtract 4 to figure out mine. I distinctly remember my mom having to figure out how old she was too and wondering why.

You grow in grace and beauty every year!