Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Celebrating Oma

My parents came to visit several weeks ago and we were able to celebrate my Mom's birthday and Mother's Day with her it was fun to be with her on 2 special days. 

Here we are baking her a carrot birthday cake.  Marin gets in on the baking action although we do have to keep her more than an arm's reach away from everything but she will not be left out and she is always fun to have around.  

Symeon arranging the candles


Here we are singing to Oma but I am pretty sure Symeon believe the cake and singing were for him.  


Oma and Symeon blowing out the candles.  


Being with my Mom on Mother's day now that I am a Mother is extra special to me.  I am not sure any woman can fully appreciate her Mother until she is one herself and now that I am thank you does not seem like quite enough.  Yet thank you for me encompasses a deep sense of gratitude for this amazing woman who God gave me as my Mother.  Thank you Mom for the years of sacrifice and unconditional love that have blessed my life and the life of so  many people around you. 

No comments: