Thursday, September 3, 2009

Marin is 3 months old

I find it hard to believe my sweet girl is already three months old. Marin is becoming quite an easy baby. She still sleeps 8-10 hours at night and although I was dreading a 3 month growth spurt because I had visions of her wanting to nurse every two hours I had little to fear it came and went with a few nights of getting up once and it really wasn't a big deal. Going to bed at night and for naps has gotten pretty easy, Marin seems to love to go to her bed. We hesitated letting her cry because she is still so small but honestly she really wants to be left alone so we put her in her bed and sometimes she will cry for a couple of minutes and then she falls asleep. I am amazed at how young she has developed this skill but we are thankful for a second good sleeper.

Marin rolls over easily now from her back to her belly. She loves her thumb and although she doesn't suck it she often has it in her mouth, I have tried pulling it out but I have learned if you don't make a big deal out of some things they go away on their own so that is what I am hoping with thumb chewing. It is really cute and she often tries to chew her thumb and nurse at the same time which is a bit difficult for us both.

Marin continues to smile lots and she uses her whole face which melts even the toughest heart. She is a celebrity at my work and sometimes we are mobbed when we come home or leave the building with everyone trying to get her to smile. In the morning I often hear her talking and blowing raspberries and when I go over to her crib she is smiling and talking to herself and holding her feet in the air. I love this age she is finding new things like her feet and her hands, she loves any soft toy and they all go right to her mouth, and she loves her brother. She continues to grab him and often we have to pry her little chubby hands off his shirt. Marin prefers to sit up with some help and she loves to stand she does not want to lay back often and she is very alert and interactive with her surroundings. She is such a joy and a blessing to our family.

At her 3 month check up she weighed over 14 lbs and she was 25 inches long so she is a healthy beautiful delightful baby. I must say her first couple of months were rough so I feel really blessed to be posting about how happy and content she has become.



Here she is getting weighed at her 3 month check up



She loves for you to read to her and we are happy to oblige



Look at that smile it lights up her whole face even her extra chin!



Everyone say she has the best facial expressions and I must agree she is so funny and she uses her eyebrows all the time when she is talking, laughing, or crying.



Here is the thumb action

No comments: