Thursday, September 3, 2009

Being sick stinks

Symeon was really sick this past weekend. He picked up a summer virus and he ran a really high temperature for several days and he had soars in his throat. He laid on the couch or in my arms for a straight 24 hours in a diaper burning up. Saturday he woke up at 3 am and he never went back to bed. The one thing that made him happy was a Veggie Tales video and every time it ended he would take his limp arms and sign more and we would oblige. Honestly I think we watched this one video about 25 times. I have seen it so much that I wake up some nights with the tune in my head and I find myself humming it at work.



Here is the video it is actually really good and after about 10 times I found myself enjoying it. Veggie Tales saved the day.




Here he is on Sunday morning with his get well soon balloon that Daddy and Sissy got him when they went out for a few groceries. On Sunday he would run a fever off and on and most of the day he sat on the couch in a diaper with that balloon next to him watching Moe but at least he ate and drank that day so there was some improvement.

2 comments:

The Hamons said...

Poor sweet little boy. Shelva, he really is just so adorable!

Lisa said...

Wow, I have some catching up to do here. Can't wait to go back and read the rest when I have more than 1.5 min. That is so cute that they got a balloon for him. And I know what you mean about the videos growing on you. Kind of a "can't beat them, join them" idea going on there. Poor babe!