Monday, April 16, 2012

Oh the move

Well we are finally settling into our new house.  We love it and our neighborhood.  It is a work in progress but it seems that home ownership is exactly that I am getting in exercise in patience and unfinished projects neither of which are my strong areas.  I'm a get it done finish it type of girl like my Oma so honestly a home that is always in process is a bit hard on me but I am learning to live with the undone and enjoy the finished.  We unpacked pretty quick and pretty all that is left it to put some pictures on the walls so we will see when that can happen but we have curtains, new furniture, an island in our kitchen etc etc.  Our garage is clean and our guest room is set up (so come for a visit anytime) our bedroom still needs some work and the bathroom needs to be painted a different color.  Long story but the shower curtain I had did not fit the claw foot tub since you need three curtains to have any privacy so after about 2 weeks of a towel hanging in the shower window so the neighbors did not get a show I gave the old curtain to Goodwill since it had been discontinued and bought 3 new ones.  Overall the color is okay but honestly it will just not do but not bad only one room to repaint and it is the smallest one in the house. 

We are quickly making this home and although Babes tells me every once in awhile that she does not like her new house she likes her old house better overall we are all loving the yard, the space, and did I mention we love our neighborhood!  Here are a few pictures from the move.  I hope to add some updated ones once we get our furniture and some pictures on the walls. 

 Waiting for the movers.  We did not have that much to move since we had move a lot our selves but two very tricky stairwells and a king size mattress made for a tricky day.  Moment of silence the mattress we love and that was only 1.5 years old did not make the bending in half it had to sustain.  Much to our sadness we had to buy a new one and we just went in and bought the exact same one and we are so happy to be sleeping on it with the huge lump in the middle.  


 Entertaining themselves a bit during the move


 Oh the overwhelming dread of boxes everywhere


 At least Marin could cook for us which was handy on some very long days.  


 One way Symeon kept busy was building his fire truck lego it was great for him and me!


 Lunch break what are you doing keep working!


 After a day not to bad I don't think.  It look a bit warmer and moved in now but not bad for 24 hours.  Shawn and I both worked really hard to get the house settled because we moved in on Sunday afternoon and my Oma passed away on Tuesday so I was on a red eye to CT on Wednesday night to be home for her funeral.  We had about 2 days to get the house settled so Shawn could work and take care of the kids during the 5 days I was gone.  He is my Superman although thankfully he does not wear a full shiny blue body suit but the cape would fit him. 


I wish I could say this is right after we moved in but nope this is recent.  I have yet to find a system for organizing the entry way instead it seems to be the dumping ground for all us.  Any ideas would be appreciated I am just not sure what is the best way to organize this space just yet.  The funny thing is the rest of the house can be spotless and I walk through the entry way and I cringe.  It is better we dropped off all the Goodwill stuff and we have finished putting together a cabinet so the huge box is out of the way but honestly it always looks messy to me which is just not going to work.  We will see what happens another one of those "projects" which is starting to become a four letter word in this house. 

No comments: