Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Happy Easter

Easter weekend was beautiful here in the city and we enjoyed every minute of it as a family.  Good Friday was a laid back day and I attended the service at our church and although I feel asleep during the dark, warm, quiet part which seemed okay to me since there was no staying awake.  In general I think my overall sleep deprivation of the past 2 months is catching up to me because if it is a bit quiet, a little warm, and even a bit dark I am asleep.  God had my back and understood so no worries on my part.  I had to do the head in my hands with my elbows on my knees so I didn't fall out of the pew so you know it was bad.  I got a good laugh at it on the way home and I am sure I was a bit entertaining to the people around me but oh well. 

Easter Sunday we went to church and I did manage to stay awake which was good then we had a few friends over for some snacks and an Easter Egg hunt.  I beautiful day to celebrate all that Easter means to us. 

 Enjoying some items from their Easter baskets.  Marin loved this dress that was in our hand-me-downs bin she wore it all day and wanted to sleep in it.  It twirls well so it was the perfect dress in her mind and she just looked so cute in it.  Symeon also picked his clothes.  I had a nice shirt for him but he asked to pick his own so I went with it.  He ended up in a 3T shirt and he could probably wear 5T at this point and in pants that were way to short as you can see.  He looked a bit like the Hulk busting out of his clothes but he was proud of himself and when he picked them I didn't realize they were way to small for him.  It cracked me up the entire service but he was one happy guy.  


 Everyone getting a reminder about Easter Egg hunting etiquette

 




 Babes and her best buddy S had  a great time and they were so cute together.  


 The youngest hunter found a few eggs and gave the candy to Dad can't wait to see him next year tearing it up.  


 The hunters were finished and the eggs were found.  So sweet!



 My two sweet kiddos Symeon had long changed but Marin was holding strong with her Easter dress dirty feet and all.  


Oh yah there were a few parents there as well. 

No comments: