Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Dangling feet

Today I watched my beautiful baby girl coloring and her feet were dangling off the kid chair she was sitting in and her tiny little feet were swaying back and forth as she colored.  As I watched them I thought before I know it those feet will be touching the ground, then carrying her to school, then to sleepovers, on dates, to college, maybe around the world, to greatness, to happiness, to contentment, to helping others, down the aisle, to the hospital to have her first baby, away from me and yet always back to me those tiny swaying feet will carry her on her own journey.  I have been entrusted with those tiny little feet and I am in awe of them and her.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

You need warnings that there is a crying post coming! Beautifully written and captured, Shelva.

LOVE all these posts! Thanks so much.