Sunday, January 31, 2010

The right man for me

There are so many reasons why Shawn is the right man for me and this past week I was reminded on multiple occasions that God has blessed me with an amazing husband who is my perfect match. 

I put Symeon to bed the other night and Marin was still awake hanging out with her Dad.  When I came out of his room I found Shawn dancing around the living room listening to a song by Paul Simon about how much Daddy's love their little girls.  She was glowing, receiving all of his attention and I thought she will pick a good man to love someday because she has such a good example of a man who already loves and adores her.  On her wedding day when Shawn is dancing with his baby girl I hope and pray I remember this moment when she was 8 months old. 

The other night we went to watch Shawn play hockey and when he was done he takes Symeon to the locker room with him which is very exciting.  Shawn was skating away looking so huge in all his equipment holding Symeon's tiny hand looking down talking to him and Symeon was looking up with all the admiration in the world for his Dad.  I though to myself this is good stuff, life is good, and Symeon you are looking up to an amazing man one who will show you what it means to live faithfully into who God has created you to be.  One who will show you how to be a son, a husband, and a father.  God may Symeon always look up to his father and absorb the lessons Shawn has to teach in his gentle loving ways. 

I have had a head cold so since I am up and down so much and uncomfortable I have been sleeping on the couch.  This morning when I went into our room I found Marin asleep on her Daddy's chest.  She looked so peaceful and he looked so content.

For my birthday this year Shawn gave me a card that described our relationship perfectly.  He wrote me this nice message that affirmed who I am as a person.  What I loved is that he gave me the exact same birthday card last year.  I wasn't sure at first but it seemed familiar and then I found last year's which I had kept since it touched me so deeply.  I told him and we laughed and then I realized out of all of the thousands of birthday cards available he bought me the same one, the one that fit me perfectly and I realized this is a man who knows me.  He knows all the stuff no one else knows about me and he loves me and for that I am so grateful.

Shawn you are the right man for me!!

1 comment:

Oma and Papaw said...

and your father and I knew this many years before you did. We love you Shawn, Love, Mom and Dad Leep