Sunday, January 31, 2010

A confession

I must confess before having children when I would hear stories of kids falling off beds I would judge parents pretty harshly thinking aren't you watching your kids?  Well once again I have been humbled as a parent since both of our children fell off our bed this week.  Both times Shawn and I were there and they still fell off.  Marin was first she crawled right off the side and when I called Shawn's name because he was closer all I could see where her feet.  She was fine a bit startled but no blood.  Symeon on the other hand was jumping on the bed and was getting a bit wild.  He jumped a bit to high and bounced his head off the wall and landed on the floor.  When I went over to him he had a nice mark on his forehead but he seemed to be fine and he wanted back up on the bed.  I laid him down on the bed to put a diaper on him and when he sat up there was blood on the sheets.  He hit the back of his head on the metal bed frame and we were all lucky it was just a surface wound.  No stitches yet which is good for our little wild man. 

1 comment:

Susanne said...

You are a blogging ninja! Well done, and such sweet posts! There are so many things I used to judge parents on, and now that I am a parent myself, I will never cast a stone! They are such adorable kids. Thanks for sharing!