Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Cracking me up

Just this morning the kids have been  making me laugh with some of the stuff coming out of their mouths.  At 5 am this morning (which has been a regular wake up time for my usual late sleeping Symeon and since our  move I think this is how we are seeing some of his adjustment stuff)  I saw his light on and went into his room to find him playing.  I told him it was dark and he needed to get back in his bed and he looked at me and said, "Mom I am over awake"  it took me a minute to figure out what he meant but I often say Symeon you are over tired time for bed.  So over awake meant he was ready to be up and playing.  I smiled hugged and told him to get in his bed which he did although I could hear him talking to himself and his animal until it was time to get up. 

This  morning when I was passing out vitamins and I took my calcium chew (which Marin is obsessed with) she said Mom when I get big I want to be like you.  Oh so sweet I am thinking you know maybe my great motherly ways, my smile, whatever quality she might like to be like me and she says, " I want to eat those (calcium chews) and drink coffee"  I cracked up and told her that was good.  It is amazing what they notice she loves to smell my coffee everyday after I make it and it is steaming hot and the smell is wonderful.  I am creating a coffee drinker for sure. 

No comments: