Thursday, February 16, 2012

Good-bye deposit

So we have been renting a house for about a year and half and we are moving out this weekend and into our first purchased home.  We are excited and as you can imagine a bit overwhelmed with all the stuff that goes along with moving.  As you can imagine there is so much that needs to be done and not quite enough hours in the day so when Symeon asked me to come downstairs and see what Babes had done I was a bit worried because he finished his statement with she wrote on the walls.  Oh gosh not again she wrote on the walls one other time with a dry erase marker that came right off well weren't quite that lucky this time. 

I must confess as I went down the stairs I was breathing deep which did nothing for my temper when I rounded the corner.  She was sitting in Symeon's room reading a book with the door shut and when I yelled Marin where are you she just continued reading which probably just made my blood boil a bit harder.  Here is what I saw and remember this is permanent black marker, this is a rental property, and we are moving this weekend. 


 We are on our second box of magic erasers and a few hours of scrubbing and we still have a bit of work to do.  


 Yes this is exposed brick that is ruined there is nothing but acid to take this off and although I feel like my look should have burned it off I was not so lucky.  


 I can't get this off the dryer.  


 Yes this is permanent black marker on the crib my Dad made for my children.  

 
 Yup she tagged all three pillars!


Correct this is the side of Shawn's dresser.  I am happy to report that the magic erasers took it off the furniture.  At first I had to send her to her room so I could breathe a bit then I made her come out get a rag and get cleaning.   At one point she looked up at me and said Mama I not think this is coming off and I said well you have from now until you go to bed to try so keep scrubbing.  She did say sorry Mama and after a bit I was able to forgive her.  After it was over and after talking with her I am pretty sure she was marking things for the move like I had been all week, writing on things we wanted to take with us to our new house but seriously this was the last thing I needed during a wild and a tad bit stressful week.  Oh Babes McGee you keep life well should we say interesting!

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Oh. No!!!! Wow. Really...nothing is sacred.