Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Honestly I don't know where to begin

The past 2 months have been difficult, exhausting, exciting, and overwhelming several times I was pushed past my breaking point lost my temper or control of my emotions, felt terrible, forgave my self, asked forgiveness and pushed forward.  The past two months have been life the kind you might  not always enjoy but when you get through the season you realize you are different and you can decide what that different will be, I am choosing growth, life, thankfulness, and finally I am choosing to rest in the face of many things undone.  I do not like things undone in any way but that is not life there is always a bit of things undone and that is OKAY! 

When it comes to our blog I am not sure what to go back and post about and what to store in my memory and move forward without mentioning.  I do think as I start to reflect on the last few months I will have things I want to include and others I will just hold inside myself.  We did have such exciting things like Symeon's 4th birthday, moving into our first house, and our 9th wedding anniversary.  I hope to at least touch on these important and exciting milestones in our lives.  So as we move forward as a family I think it is good to remember the struggles and the faithfulness of the past two months and how life has been forever changed by the day to day moments that make up this wild ride called life.  I think this picture sums up the feeling of the past two months which was overwhelmed by a big pile of stuff.  The great thing is that I laughed when I saw this and the other night in the car driving alone I laughed to hard I teared up. I laughed about the absurdity of the past two months, I laughed because we made it through, I laughed because I could and it felt good, I laughed because life is funny, I laughed because I did not want to cry, and I laughed because in the  midst of great stress and sorrow came great joy and laughter.

I call this piece of artwork "Overwhelmed"  befitting it seems.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Oh, how I would love to come help you deal with some piles.

I admire you for seeing the "growth" opportunity in all of this. Pretty cool that God thinks enough of us to stop and work on us. You have a beautiful heart, my friend.

The Hamons said...

You are loved and admired, friend. ...that's typically why there are big breaks on our blog as well. You can pretty much tell when life is hairy at the Hamon household...!