Monday, March 26, 2012

A Stress Blessing

Okay so you know when you have kids that there are these surprise blessings in some of the most stressful situations well this past Sunday at church I was reminded once again of the ministry of a carefree spirited child.  Every Sunday at church they sing Jesus loves me this I know and all the kids come forward for a children's story now granted I don't think they are always age appropriate with analogies etc but both our kids love to go down front and listen.  Symeon is now old enough to go by himself and sit without worry but our dear Babes McGee can still get a bit off course so one of us usually goes with her.  I must admit it can be a  bit stressful for me since I don't ever know what she is going to do.  For instance she often puts her dress over her head, or she lays down on the stage singing while the person is talking, or she wants to wander or she asks me a ton of questions like why do you have blue eyes, or she tells a baby to leave her alone.  Oh the stories go on and on and most of the time I find it funny because it is just Babes but sometime I turn red because I can feel the whole church watching her and I. 

Well this week as we walked into church someone came up to me and told me how much of a blessing it was to watch her up front and she told Marin I am so glad you are here today.  Well I  needed that and as we went forward yesterday I was a bit calmer until the antics began dress over head slapping her belly, multiple questions about the color of our eyes and hair then she began pulling gently on Symeon's hair and he pushed her away, in my mind they had it out on the stage but crisis averted and we continued.  Well then the story teller referenced Marin's favorite song Jesus loves me and she broke into a solo of the entire thing.  How can you shhh Jesus loves me really so off she sang while the women kept talking.  Sweet and yet you know!  Well after church 3 more people came to tell us what a blessing she was and a very good singer.  They all loved watching her and she said thank you as they complimented her singing and overall stage presence. 

It was good to be reminded that the little stress I feel is really blessing so many people.  Granted we have to work on appropriate social behavior but she is ministering to people in a way I never could and needless to say I signed her up for a drama class because honestly the world is her stage and I want to let her shine. 

No comments: