Friday, November 4, 2011

Snow Day

Last week had our first snow day and no matter how old I am snow days rock, I love them.  We thoroughly enjoyed ours the kids were in there pj's a good part of the day and it was just fun.  I had stuff I wanted to get done but honestly it is like my brain will not function and I just have fun like when I was a kid.  Here is our great day!

 We started our day with a little tv and breakfast
 on the couch a special treat.  

  A heavy wet snow that stuck to everything.  


 Making honey whole wheat bread in our pj's 


 Dressed in our snow gear and ready to shovel 



 Marin might have eaten more snow than she shoveled.  Every time I turned around she was shoveling it in her mouth.  She continues to eat snow everywhere we go in parking lots, off the car while she is in her car seat she rolls down the window and sticks her and out, and finally the grossest of all off the bottom of her snow boat.  I turned around in the car the other day and saw her licking the bottom of her boot.  We have discussed clean and dirty snow but nothing seems to stop her.  


 My hard workers shoveling our neighbors walk for her.  They are so sweet and love to help.  


 Our warm bread right out of the oven with homemade grape jelly from our neighbor.  We supplied the grapes from our yard and they gave us the jelly I think we got the better end of that deal.  It is so good!


 We made ghost lollipops for Symeon to hand out at school they were so much fun.  



 The finished product




 Then we made brownies



 Next we carved our pumpkins.  Ghosts for Symeon and a spider for Marin


We ended our day with Lil Kickers because by that time the roads were fine and we were ready to stretch our legs. 
 Here's Marin and Shawn celebrating her goal!  Awesome!

Here's Symeon about to score a goal.  

We had such a fun day together!  Snow days gotta love them!

1 comment:

Lisa said...

I make honey wheat bread all the time. Well, I try not to make it ALL the time, because its the death of me!! :)

Such fun pictures!!

Oh, Amanda is a crazy snow eater. Compulsive, really. She can explain the clean snow thing now, though I'm not sure she follows it.