Sunday, November 13, 2011

Daylight Savings Time

I must lament daylight savings since it brings the dark so much earlier that I often feel like going to bed at 9 instead of much usual later hour.  I also miss the days when the extra hour of sleep was really an extra hour of sleep instead of a week of really poor sleep and very early wake-up calls.  Marin has always struggled with daylight saving time and this past week was no different except this year she was cutting the final two points of her top two molars which were painful.  She cut 2 bottom molars without us even knowing but these second halves of the top two have been terrible.  I felt so bad for her and when she cuts teeth she is up early both my kids were like that so by 5 they would be up for the day well combine that with daylight savings time struggles and it has been a week of 4 and 5 am wake-up calls that had us up for the day. 

Anyone who knows me knows that I am not a morning person and to be honest there were a few really early mornings that I put on a show for her and laid on the couch and slept all cuddle together which was really fun to be honest.  I have enjoyed my early morning quiet time with her but after several days of 4 and 5 hours of sleep I was near my wits end and then during the day she was struggling with pain and lack of sleep.  I am really glad last week is over and I am praying this week brings some relief for us all. 

I don't have any pictures from the week because honestly it was full of one or all of us crying at some point.  I have high hopes we are headed into a better week and I am committed to going to bed much earlier so that I am a better mother and person when I rise from my bed regardless of the time. 

No comments: