Saturday, May 1, 2010

Words

Marin said her first words, besides Ma Ma and Da Da, this week.  So at 11 months old her first word was hello.  She picked up my blackberry put it to her ear and said hello.  I could not believe it and I thought, much like when she took her first steps at 8 months that I was imagining things, well she continued to say it over and over.  I called Shawn so he could hear her say it and it was clear as day.  She will say hello and now we think she is saying lots of other things like this morning I am pretty sure she asked me for a banana saying "nana" which is how Symeon says it.  She also says hot and puts her hand up to the stove which is what Symeon does.  So it will be interesting to see if the words keep coming.  I have a feeling our little Babes has lots to say so I think conquering words is well within her reach.

Symeon's language has exploded.  He repeats just about everything  you say and he has started saying so much without our prompting.  He is super cute.  He says I luv you which just melts our hearts.  I love when kids have funny ways of saying things that make sense but aren't the "norm" for adults.  For instance Symeon likes to turn all the lights out and light up this ghost Mike and Traci got for him and when he wants the lights out he says spooky Mommy spooky.  The other night at twilight he looked out the window and said spooky Mommy.  So spooky means dark but what I love is that he isn't scared of the dark at least not yet so although he says spooky the only meaning it has is dark and I hope it stays that way.  He also uses the words this and that freely so if he is trying to tell you something and he does not have a word he uses this or that and when he is tired just about everything becomes this or that which can be rather confusing at times.  It is a joy to know at least a little bit of what is going on inside Symeon's mind.  I treasure this time as he learns to communicate parts of who he is and I pray we will be able to nurture all the beautiful parts of him. 

1 comment:

Amy said...

I just got all caught up on your blog! I love all of your stories. You're amazing parents and it's so cool to hear how much you guys are enjoying the journey.