Saturday, May 29, 2010

Mommeeeeee

After this week I know that when Symeon says Mommmeeee in this manner I should come pretty quickly.  3 times this week I heard my name called in this manner and 3 times I told him to wait a minute.  Now granted he says Mommy about 1000 times a day and I have been working with him to learn to wait without saying my name a 100 times so with that background asking him wait seemed reasonable.  I learned that inflection for Symeon is everything true to his nature he did not get upset he wasn't frantically calling my name he was just very calmly saying Mommmeeee over and over. 

So the the first time he is sitting at the kitchen table and I was in our room changing Marin's diaper and I said I will be right there.  So two minutes later when I come out he has my phone and he is listening to someone.  I look and he had called my job and the receptionist not knowing it was Symeon was asking to talk to his Mommy.  When I took the phone and apologized they were laughing that is was Symeon and they said he has called 3 times and they were trying to get him to put his mom on the phone, hence the Mommmeee.  We all had a good laugh and I assured them I do watch him.  Later at work everyone had a good laugh about it.

The second time Symeon was standing at the bathroom sink on his stool washing his hands or so I thought.  I hear the Mommeee again and again I am changing Marin's diaper.  I tell him to wait minute and over and over Mommeee.  Well when I round the corner into the bathroom he has stopped up the sink and it was overflowing all over the vanity and onto the floor. 

Well you would think by the third Mommmeee in one week I would have learned my lesson but this time I thought what could be wrong I am standing about 5 feet away from him.  I was washing dishes and he was using his markers at our kitchen table. Marin was playing on the floor.  I hear Mommmee and for the third time I tell him to wait a minute.  Well he got a little louder and finally I turned around to see Marin on top of the table with his markers in her mouth.  She loves markers and is not allowed to have them since she sucks on them like lollipops.  So she had climbed up on a chair then onto the table and she was putting them into her mouth as fast as she could.  I might add we have a round table that could easily flip but she was lucky and it didn't.   Symeon just sat there looking at her and then as me like I told you so and he said Mommmeee like aren't you watching this kid or what. 

So lesson learned if Symeon says Mommeee even in the calmest of ways I should go see what  he wants immediately. 










No comments: