Thursday, May 13, 2010

Happy Belated Birthday Shawn

April 22nd was Shawn's birthday and although I am very late blogging about our celebration at least we weren't late celebrating him.  I asked Symeon what should we get Daddy for his birthday and he said a ooon which is balloon so off to the store we went.  I steered him away from the 3 foot round smiley face and the next one he picked was an Eagles balloon which seemed perfect.  So we bought the balloon and he was so happy to give it to Shawn in was super sweet.  We also bought Shawn a cast iron grill pan to make burgers in because as you might know I do not cook burgers of any sort and I don't ever cook red meat so every once in awhile my poor husband busts out a big griddle and makes himself a big old burger so we bought him a great pan that is perfect for these burger indulgences.  We baked him his favorite cookie cake and had a nice time hanging out as a family.  I love the days when we set aside all the do's of life and celebrate a person and what they mean to us and to the world.  We love you Shawn Happy Birthday!

Here is the present Symeon and I wrapped together.  I think he did a pretty good job very secure!

The birthday guy and his kiddos!  


You will notice there is a small piece of cookie cake missing.  We cut the cake a bit early because Symeon was waiting so patiently for Marin to wake up and it was just cruel how long she was sleeping.  

Marin having a little piece of cookie cake!  Preping for her own birthday cake!


No comments: