Monday, November 2, 2009

Trick or Treat

This was our first year taking Symeon trick or treating. Last year we was a duck that my sister-in-law Traci made for Austin and this year he was a moose that she also made. Marin was a pea we borrowed from a friend. They both did well with their costumes although it took a little convincing.



Marin is holding a kit kat and later when Shawn went to take it away from her she screamed and she continued to scream the entire car ride home. I'm not sure what that means except now Shawn does not want to take anything away from her.



Next year I hope I have a bit more time on my hands so I can come up with costumes for Shawn and I as well I love this kind of stuff. It is so hard to get a good picture of us all so it was nice to get this one on our first attempt.


We went over to our friends house and they came along with us since they know most of their neighbors. It didn't take Symeon long to figure out trick or treating and he took great care in choosing his candy. He would fish around looking for M&M's and Hershey bars and every once in awhile Shawn or I would choose for him scoring some of our favorites as well. I realize it is pretty sweet being the parent saying things like you have had enough sweets tonight and then when they go to bed you indulge your own sweet tooth just a bit.


Here is Marin when we first put her costume on her. She was pulling at the hood and really crying but we have learned crying for her is like turning on a faucet, as easy as it starts it stops. She was fine as soon as we were outside walking around.


Here is our Moose before he realized that the Moose outfit equaled candy. He was so cute and it is wild to remember Austin wearing this costume at Symeon's age, he will be 10 in March.

2 comments:

Amy said...

Girls are such a faucet...they know how and when to turn it on and off. Prepare yourself, the girl drama is only beginning.

Leep said...

Marin made such a cute peapod!! And Symeon looked great in the moose costume. It was so nice to see him in that also a little sad because I can barley remember Austin in it.