Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Catching up is hard to do don't you know you know that its true

Okay super corny but oh so true. Since starting this blog 5 years ago this is the longest I have gone without blogging and I have missed it. There are so many reasons why I have been away but what is most important is that I want to keep the memories our family is making and I want to write about them so with that resolve I will catch up and keep current. I have to go way back to October which seems to be the month that threw me and then the holidays etc etc.

We traveled way more than we were home in October, November, and December and with two small kids if you travel you know the week before and the week after a trip can be exhausting and overwhelming. Well since we traveled more than we were home when I was here I was constantly playing catch up. I so enjoyed our times with family and friends so I must get them recorded. The next weeks will be a frenzy of catch up posts with a few current scatterings of life. For example here are three stories just from today.

 1. Marin walks into the kitchen announcing she needs a rag. She grabs one off the counter and heads to the living room. Marin - "Mom I need a rag" Me- "What do you need a rag for" Marin - "Some water was spilled" Me - "Okay do you need help" Marin - "No I got it" Me - reading between the lines I think I should at least check. In the living room lots of water is running all over the coffee table. "What happened? Did the water bottle spill" Marin - "Nope Mom I was making a river in the living room" Me- with a smile "The living room is not a place to make a river" Marin - "Sorry Mom"

2. My kids are both interested in the garbage disposal right now so knowing their level of interest and creativity I realized I had to put a healthy fear into both of them so that they would understand the danger involved. I explained that the garbage disposal is tiny knives swirling around very fast in the drain and could cut off a kids hand if they ever played with it. Symeon said then why did you put such a dangerous thing in our house we should have it removed. I explained he should just not touch it and he would be fine. I know this seems a bit harsh but if you know my kids and some of the crazy stuff them have done a little fear is good wait until you read some of my catch up posts. I looked at Marin and said do you understand me it could cut off your hand if you play with it and with a serious face all she said was yes Mom but I do have another hand as she held up her other one. I honestly wanted to die laughing but instead I reiterated her need for her second hand and told her never to touch the disposal.

 3. Babes and Symeon love to have sleep overs in each others rooms so for the last two night Marin has been sleeping on her mattress on Symeon's floors. They are so cute talking to each other and as they drift off to sleep. They have also enjoyed jumping from Symeon's bed onto Marin's mattress in a variety of ways with lots of tricks. So the other night they realized they could jump off his bed and grab the fan chain on the way down and turn off the light well you can imagine where this is going. They would jump grab the chain then let go and fall to the mattress. Well as I in the room not realizing they had been doing this Symeon ran jumped grabbed the chain and honestly I covered my head because I thought the fan was coming down right on top of me. The whole thing shook and I am sure cracked a bit of plaster in his ceiling. Well I got up declared sleep overs finished for awhile and moved Marin's mattress back to her room. The scary part is that they had done this a bunch of times before I witnessed it. Hence the garbage disposal will cut your hand off if you ever go near it.



 We have had some exciting kid moments these past few months this is just the beginning of our adventures and scares with Symeon and Marin. One ER visit a cast and a ride down the stairs strapped in a stroller just to wet your appetite for adventure.

But for now here are our two sweeties enjoying each others company on a quiet day at home. They played dress up with laundry for quite awhile together.  I treasure these quiet days at home because I know they will soon be few and far between. 



1 comment:

Lisa said...

Oh yay...you're back! I know catching up is a big pain...just do what you can...everything you have is better than nothing!

Love the latest stories...can totally hear the garbage disposal conversation. Made me lol!