Sunday, September 23, 2012

A conversation with Babes

We were watching Shawn play hockey tonight and during the game he scored a goal.  I leaned over to Babes and said
Me:  Daddy did a great job I sure do love your Daddy. 
Babes:  I love Daddy too (pause) I love everybody
Me:  I know you are such a sweet girl
Babes:  I really love Chee-toos
Me:  laugh yah they are good


Later in the game a guy on the other team was put in the penalty box for high sticking Shawn.  Babes saw the guy do it and this is how it went
Babes:  that guy just hit my Daddy with his stick
Me:  Yes he did now he is in the penalty box
Babes:  arms crossed mean face, I do not like that guy hitting my Daddy
Me:  I don 't either Babes, if I see him later I am going to tell him not to hit your Daddy with his stick
Babes: gasp, no Mommy don't do that
Me:  Why Babes?
Babes:  because he is mean don't talk to him Mommy
 Me:  laughing I guess you are right Babes I won't tell him
Babes:  good Mommy

So tough, sweet, and loyal to the ones she loves.

No comments: