Sunday, September 23, 2012

Melt a Mama heart moment

Tonight Symeon and Marin are playing soccer.  Symeon is a bit faster with the ball and scores more goals so at one point Marin sat down and told Symeon she was not a good soccer player so she didn't want to play anymore. 

Symeon came in to tell me that Marin was sitting out and did not want to play soccer since she didn't think she was any good.  I told him sometime when people are learning things they need to be encouraged. 

A few minutes later I looked out the door and overheard them talking to each other. 

Symeon:  Marin you are a really good soccer player.
Marin:  No brudther I am not a good player
Symeon:  Leaning in close to her ear he says Babes you are incredible
Marin:  I am?
Symeon: Yup do you want to play soccer?
 Marin:  Stands up and singing onto the field I am an incredible soccer player


They gave each other a hug and a kiss on the check and the game began again.  A shed a few tears for the tender hearts they have for one another. 

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Oh my gosh...that is just too sweet! And yet another life lesson, right there in your backyard.