Thursday, May 3, 2012

Funny little stories

Today the  kids chained our back door with the security chain which is fine except for some reason I could not get the door to close enough to get the chain off the door.  I kept asking them if they put something in the door, could they see anything in the door, and again you are not in trouble did you put anything in the door before you closed it.  They both swore they didn't do anything so with some pushing and a bit of body weight I budged the door enough to get the chain off and I thought okay we will figure this out now.  Symeon and Marin were right by my side to see what was stuck in the door and I thought to myself like you guys don't know because last night I found a princess shoe stuck in the door so surely tonight would reveal an item as well.  As soon as the door swung open Marin yelled "oh right there it's an ant."  I cracked up laughing I mean I know they are strong but really there was nothing else but an ant. 

We decided to have a picnic dinner in our back yard tonight because today was one of those perfect spring days in the city about 72 degrees bright sun and a slight breeze I mean beautiful walk up and down the sidewalk just because kind of day.  When we have these types of days we rarely eat any meals inside so out we went.  Part way through dinner, Marin dressed in her best princess shoes for the occasion, stood up tripped backwards rolled over, dress over her head, legs sprawled in the air, and her princess shoes went flying I about choked on my food it was so funny and then she said "Woooo" and started to laugh.  After Shawn and I stopped laughing I told her heels in the grass is tricky for anyone the uneven ground will get you every time.

 


No comments: