Saturday, May 5, 2012

Doing some gardening

Although since we just moved in I have focused most of my attention on the inside of the house we have managed to but in a few bulbs and plant a garden.

Here we are putting in our bulbs with a few friends and at this point only one bulb has started to come up so honestly I am bit worried that my sweet "helpers" were hard to keep track of so I am not sure about every bulb or their exact location:

Marin using her little watering can to water the newly planted bulbs


 Our sweet helper R who was covered in mud by the time we were done


Symeon and his best buddy A using squirters to water the newly planted bulbs.  It worked!


Okay switch to another day and we decided to plant our garden.  In hindsight I should have approached it differently because everyone once in awhile when I have a project to do my brain switches back to pre-kid days and I plan it accordingly.  I don't think about anyone needing to eat, getting tired, bored, fighting, using a hose in a manner that is damaging to young plants, husband/wife angst, the amount of sunscreen needed etc etc etc.  So you can see where I am going with this.  In the end the garden is done and we spent a lot of time together and overall we had fun and laughed a bit, yelled a bit, and lived a bit which I guess are all good.  I only took a few pictures because honestly I was a bit busy managing kids when my mind had forgotten they would be there. Sorry kiddos I love you and love the spirit and joy you bring to everything we do.  

Here is our garden and the garden helpers.  


 You can see how this  might go bad, right?!  She squirted me, he squirted me, a gigantic dirt patch in the middle of the yard is not the goal, don't squirt the neighbors in their yard, mist only, take turns, I am going to put that hose away, okay put the hose away, just a few comments made during the day.  


Almost done and we are having a great time taking care of it. 

No comments: