Wednesday, February 8, 2012

The things they say

Lately the kids have been cracking us up with some of their comments. 

1.  Last night when I went to bed Marin's light was on and she was sleeping with her head hanging off the bed so I moved her back to her pillow and turned the light off.  She woke up and told me she needed a drink and then she laid back down.  As I was about to leave she said
Marin:  "Mama I read Peter Pan"
Me: Yes Babes Daddy read you Peter Pan when he put you to bed
Marin:  Yes Mama I got Peter Pan and brother didn't note smile on her face
Me:  Okay Babes goodnight
Marin:  Good night Mama

Context for this is that early when it was bedtime there had been a small interaction about the Peter Pan book and Marin ended up having it to read while Symeon decided on another book.  From this interaction later that night she was obviously still celebrating what she saw as a victory. 

2.  Marin asks Symeon lots of questions and often wants him to help her rather than Shawn or I so the other day she had a question.  She asked Symeon how to do something and his response was so cute he said
"Marin here's a tip for you"  Shawn and I cracked up because then he explained to her how to do it and she said okay bruer (brother) and followed his tip. 

3.  We were in the car the other night and a stomach bug has been going around so when I got out and opened the back door of the car to get them out the smell was pretty strong and I asked hey guys did either of you have an accident in  your pants?  As I was asking the question I was undoing Marin's seat belt and I pulled her up a bit from her seat.  Well Symeon could see her back side and he said, "Babes I think it might be you because you butt looks bigger"  Shawn and I busted out laughing and luckily it was not Marin so I told him nope it wasn't her and then he said "oh yah Mom it's me I have gas".  I am sure I will have to help him understand that no woman ever wants to be told her butt looks bigger but for now Babes didn't care and all was well. 

4.  Marin is in a mine stage.  This is my Mommy not yours brother.  This is my food not yours  brother.  Etc etc etc.  Well she likes to look at pictures on  my computer so the other day she was looking at pictures from the summer when her cousins visited from Georgia and her cousin Maya was using her treasured blue water bottle.  I remember there being a small incident at the time and Marin was basically forced to share.  Well when she saw that picture she called  me over and said,
Marin -" I no want Maya to use my Blue cup."  
Me:  "Well Marin Maya was borrowing that she was our guest and it was nice of you to share with her."
Marin - "I no wanted to share with her."
Me:  "Babes that was a long time ago it is over you have to let it go thank you for sharing with her"
Time passes later in the day we find a crazy straw that is Symeon's but we can't find Marin's, she was upset to say the least but what she said surprised me. 
Me:  "Babes I don't know where your silly straw is I can only find Brother's when he is done  you can use his"
Marin:  She looked at me so seriously and said "I bet Maya took it" 
 Me:  "Babes Maya did not take your straw and that is not nice to say"
What in the world I think the girl can hold a grudge!

5.  Okay so as I am writing this post the king of hating quiet time and finding reasons to come ask me questions just came upstairs and when I asked what he needed he said "I have to poop."  Me:  "Okay well you know how to go poop so you can go" (this is one reason he is allowed out of quiet time.) Symeon:  "okay Mom but I want to go up here since Babes is sleeping and my poop comes out really loud"    Well of course really loud poop means you have to come upstairs out of quiet time such a considerate brother what was a Mama to say :) 

No comments: