Thursday, August 25, 2011

One of those grace filled days

Okay so we had one of those days that was a bit rough at times but was full of grace as it came to a close and it was lovely!  It started with a back pain that told me I had to go to the chiropractor even though that was not part of the plan.  So we are flexible so off we went where we waited for over and hour to be seen.  The kids did great and had lots of fun.  Well I guess I should go back a bit Marin has had some difficulty with potty training which is a whole different post but this morning she told me she wanted to wear her Rella underwear and she would not pee in them no more pull ups she said.  So I went with it although we were going to be running around all day and home very little seize the day kept going through my mind so undies it was with a change of clothes a wish and a prayer.  Back to our day - the chiropractor was taking so long I decided to take her to the potty where she insists on taking off her shoes, undies, and pants to pee although I told her she really could pee by just pulling down her pants but once again we went with it.  She did great no accidents at the chiro and she said Mama I no pee on Rella (which is her Cinderella undies) and I said okay Babes great job.

Next we dashed off to haircut appointments and got there just in time.  I decided to have Babes hair cut into a sweet little angled bob since every morning she wakes up with a rats nest on the back of her head and she hates to have anything done to her hair and she will not wear it up.  Honestly I should have done this at the beginning of summer but I just couldn't but after multiple mornings of fighting and crying I decided it was best for us all.  She said she wanted it short so it is short and so cute a sassy little cut to match her sassy little self.  I will post pics later but I did cry as they cut off her sweet baby fine hair.

After hair cuts we went to grab some quick lunch because I was starving and that is where we tried the potty again and she said she did not have to go and I made her try and she did not have to go positive all around.  We ordered ate and then on the way out Marin became so upset about something she threw herself down on the floor and began crying as if I was beating her and I had to carry her out of the restaurant.  I still do not know what made her upset so it was almost impossible to avoid.  We regrouped and headed to the pediatrician to pick up some paper work I needed filled out.  I prepped Marin because every time we go to the pediatrician it ends with me carrying her out crying and screaming.

The melt down occurs, at least from what I can figure out, from the handicap door opening button.  The first door opens when  you step on the floor in front of it and the second door you can open with the handicap button.  Well Marin does not understand the door that opens by itself and she thinks Symeon always opens the door using the button which he doesn't and she feels cheated by not having a turn so she throws herself down screaming every stinking time we go which is embarrassing and frustrating to say the least.  So today I went over it and told her she would have a turn.  I thought gosh I am so smart I fixed this problem and then bam it happened again and I had to carry her out screaming and crying for the second time in 10 minutes.

When we arrived at the car she passed out asleep and when we got home she slept on the couch for about an hour before we had to head to Lil Kickers.  We jumped in the car and she began crying about something else I am still not sure what but she seemed okay by the time we arrived at soccer.  So I am trying to put her shoes on and guess what they don't fit her anymore.  She has not worn those sneakers since June and although it crossed my mind I thought oh they will be fine.  So now what? She has no shoes but were are at the class and she is so excited so I thought oh well we will just go without shoes and while I am thinking this she is climbing down slips and bangs her head into the door.  It was so loud and she wailed so I knew it hurt.  I picked her up and pulled her hair back and as I did this huge golf ball size thing was swelling up on her forehead.  I had never seen anything like it and I said Shawn I think we have a problem.  Well we carried her in and asked them for an ice pack now remember this is a place that offers hundreds of kids sports classes every week and guess what no ice packs what in the world but finally they got us a  bag of ice and I sat with Marin for about 5 minutes.  She was acting fine and told me she wanted to play so off we went to the field to explain to the coach why she had this second head growing and oh yah she has no shoes.  She played for the whole class and everyone was amazed but it seemed just about right for our dear sweet tough as nails Babes McGee.

When there was about 20 minutes left in the class I realized she had not used the potty since noon and it was 4:30 so I asked her if she needed to try and she told me Mama I no pee on Rella then she ran off yelling bye Mom.  Shawn and I cracked up and guess what she did not pee on Rella or the indoor soccer field once again not surprised when she puts her mind to something she does it.  I need to brag just a bit on her she followed every direction her coach gave her, stayed on task, ran fast, had amazing ball skills, and overall did a great job!

It was a beautiful evening so we decided to grab dinner and  head to the park for a picnic and we had such a wonderful time.  Marin danced, sang and ran around, a true free spirit.  We all played and as the sun set over the Rocky Mountains and a cool breeze blew I heard my children laughing while they played with their Dad I reflected on the beauty that is my life.  I am truly blessed beyond measure and the mishaps of the day seemed like funny warm memories on the journey of our family.  I might add Marin had blue ice cream for keeping her pants dry the whole day!  She told me she would do it and she did all this while cutting her two year molars I swear she never ceases to amaze me!  I am often in awe of this beautiful, spirited child who I have the pleasure of raising. 


No comments: