Saturday, July 24, 2010

Shoe preference

Well at 14 months old Marin showed her first of many I am sure, shoe preferences.  I put a pair of flip flops on  her and once I did she threw herself down on the ground and began kicking her feet and crying.  I was like oh my gosh Marin what is wrong.  I said tell Mommy what is wrong why are you throwing your babes attitude (this is the term we use when Marin expresses her will in a way only she can).  What she did next blew my mind.  She stood up pointed at my shoes and then she pointed at her flip flops and I said you don't want to wear your flip flops and she shook her head no, so I took off her shoes.  Then I said what shoes do you want to wear and she walked over to the basket that holds her shoes and brought me her pink crocs.  It was so funny and a bit scary because I am sure it is a conversation I expected to have with her many times in her life I just thought I had a little time. 

Here is a recent picture of Marin that does not have anything to do with shoes but has everything to do with who Marin is and that is a woman who knows what she wants trapped in a baby's body. 

No comments: