Sunday, July 18, 2010

Saying farewell

One of the reasons I have been so busy lately is that the ED of Paxton and his wife left after 25 years of service.  They are retuning to Africa where Chris was raised and where they were missionaries when they were first married.  Paxton is a different place without their presence and I have felt it deeply these past few weeks.  We had multiple farewells and made multiple farewell gifts to bless them.  I have worked very closely with Chris over the past 3 and 1/2 years and I am a better person for it.  He has invested in me in ways that  I could never have asked for or known I needed.  I have had the privilege of watching and walking with a true servant leader that remained relevant, faithful, and affective all of the years he was here.  Here are a few pictures of some really hard days in my life and in the life of our ministry. 

Resident Farewell in our dining room

Fellow staff who have been with Paxton a lot of years

Resident choir who sang a blessing for Chris and Marlys
Chris and Marlys Books

a portion of the staff sang a farewell blessing


1 comment:

Lisa said...

Wow...25 years?! Somehow I pictured him younger.What a blessing to have worked under someone so good, even after all those years.