Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Unexpected Blessing

For many of you who read my venting post I am sure you will appreciate this one. If you didn't scroll down and read it because this one will have even more meaning.

Today I had an unexpected blessing and it was a day when I could use one. I went out to run an errand for work and I decided to stop at our local Turkey Hill store for a cup of coffee. I was pouring my self some decaf when this man said to me oh sweet heart you don't have long now do you. I looked up to see the most beautiful, gentle, and peaceful smile on this man's face. I smiled and he said you are going to have a beautiful baby blessings to you and that new little one. I said thank you and felt so blessed, this man just radiated the love and peace of Christ right there in the store and I felt so much better. He went up to pay for his coffee and I was in line behind him and he told the cashier he would like to pay for mine as well. I told him no that was nice but I couldn't let him do that. He said he really wanted to since he was looking for someone to bless and he really wanted it to be today. I smiled said thank you so much waved and left the store. As I got into the car I hesitated so I could thank him one last time as he came out. I waved, smiled, and thanked him again for blessing me I told him I needed it. He smiled got in his car and drove away. It is amazing where and when blessings will come if we keep an open heart. I left that store blessed in so many ways. Not only did I get that cup of coffee my soul was encouraged and I was truly blessed. So thanks to the man who listened to his heart and blessed someone today. I hope I will listen to my heart a little more and act when I feel led because you never know what you are doing for a person. I hope you all experience some unexpected blessing today.

4 comments:

Rae said...

What a sweet, sweet man! What a wonderful experience!!!

Oma's Place said...

Blessings are out there everywhere, it's nice to be receiving them. You must have radiated how blessed you feel having this baby and being part of a micracle of God. I was blessed knowing that someone blessed my child too. How great is our God that he would put this man in your life for a moment and the baby will hear this story after he/she is born I am sure and the blessing will go on and on. love, Mom

Amy said...

Send that man to CT!!!! Hey, I dreamed you had a beautiful baby girl last night. In the same dream, I out-ran the police because of a missing headlight, so consider the source!!!!

Oma's Place said...

Hey! Traci had a dream you had a girl too. I thought old people dream dreams and young people have visions...hmmmm just kidding! love you all! Mom Leep