Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Ahhhhhh

This is how I feel right now. I am sure it is because I am getting about 5-6 hours of sleep a night and my days are full from the moment I wake up until the moment I pass out.  The holidays are always a busy time but this year we added some December stuff that is exhausting yet fun.  I don't mean ahhhhh I am unhappy just ahhhh life is fun, tiring, exciting, challenging, joyful, worrisome, and one wild ride some days.  Ahhhhhhh I love it!

On top of our normal Christmas activities and travels we bought a house so I am managing contractors galore, paint colors one of which I hated on the walls and had to make an emergency switch, $$$ signs everywhere with bids on things that need to be repaired, we also have school winter programs and parties, the Church Christmas program, and oh yes our health insurance which we purchase independently went through the roof and now I am shopping for  new coverage and filing out forms and answering questions about Symeon's 4 ER visits this year.  I am also packing for our 2 week trip back East and doing all our Christmas shopping.  I am baking cheese cakes and hosting a Christmas book club.  We are doing crafts and putting up our tree.  We are hanging out with dear friends and finally baking homemade bread for Symeon's teacher's for Christmas.    In the midst of all this stuff called life I am finding so many moments of profound joy, gratefulness, peace, and sacredness in this holiday season.

As I am typing Shawn has Silent Night Holy Night playing in the background and I am overwhelmed with a profound sense of expecting the Christ child into the world.  Every day the kids and I are reading the story of Mary and Joseph expecting the baby Jesus, we are opening our advent calendar, and we are moving Mary on the donkey pregnant with the baby Jesus closer to his birth.  To quote my beautiful baby girl in this season of busyness and profound meaning "Mama I love being happy"  you got it Babes sing it from the mountain tops I love being happy too.   


Here we are enjoying some of life during this advent season.

Putting up our Christmas Tree

 The official light tester


 We let the kids put the ornaments where ever they wanted until we realized there was a small problem then we gave them some direction and some chairs to stand on to do the rest.  I actually thought we should just leave it because I loved it to be honest.  


 Babes contemplating her ornament placement


 The exact spot decided but she doesn't seem sure of the placement.  I see this face quite often.  




 Daddy and Marin putting the topper on, this is our fun flashy tree next year we are going back to our memory tree when we are able to have a big tree to fit all our ornaments.  


 Symeon getting a boost from Mom.  I am pretty sure every year I am wearing an old sweatshirt and sweat pants with my hair uncombed not my usual attire but for some reason it is my choice of attire during decorating which maybe it had to do with the snow falling outside and the chilly house. 



Later in the day we went sledding and it was a hit.  Symeon went down a few times with us and then he wanted to go by himself and he flew.  It was so much fun.  Babes enjoyed it as well but she also loved eating all the new snow.  As you can see in the top picture she is examining her glove to see where the best eating is to occur.  
 A nice lady walking by took a picture of us all which is always a treat.  We were pretty cold at this point but we loved it and are looking forward to some more snow after Christmas.  Symeon wants to ski but we think we are going to wait until next year for lessons.  


Baking cookies with our friend one afternoon.

No comments: