Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Happy 8th Wedding Anniversary

Yesterday March 1st Shawn and I celebrated our 8th wedding anniversary.  On the day we were married it seemed as if the whole world stopped for that moment to celebrate our wedding but in reality the whole world kept moving along on a day that was very special to us.  I think I believed that the whole world would stop every March 1st to let us bask in the memories of a blessed and holy day that changed our lives for ever but yet again I was mistaken.  The everyday continues to happen on your anniversary for example a much  needed trip to Costco, two children taking extra long naps which  meant they were up extra late, and yes trash and recycling day fell on our anniversary.  So no the world did not stop to honor that special day in our lives but we stopped and honored the day.  We told the kids about us getting married and Symeon wanted to know if I was going to wear my wedding dress yesterday and if kids were allowed to go to the wedding?  Good questions and after some more talking he was even more confused by our anniversary. 

Our dear housemate watched the kids while we went out to a nice relaxing dinner.  We ate for several hours and had multiple yummy drinks with no worries.  We talked endlessly and enjoyed each others company.  We connected, we laughed, we teased, we remembered, and we talked about what has happened in life and what might be to come.  We paused and gave thanks for one another and our marriage.  We celebrated one another and the gift we have in our marriage.  We breathed it all in and agreed it was one of the best decisions we both made in our lives. 

I am so blessed to have a husband who cherishes me and our children.  He works hard and plays hard.  When we returned from our evening out he scooped up our daughter squeezed her, tickled her, and held her.  There are so many reasons to love him and our anniversary is just one day to give thanks for all that I have been blessed with in life. 

The flowers delivered from my dear husband


Oh the depth of character and I have the privilege of spending my life with him