Thursday, February 3, 2011

Oh the love that flows so freely from them...

Symeon and Marin astound me with their love for each other and me.  Marin gives the best hugs all the time wrapping her sweet little arms around your neck and squeezing it is such a blessing and a lift on a hard day.  Symeon has been saying some of the funniest and sweetest things the past week.  The other day we were reading this book and he asked me why the author wrote it and I told him she loved the dogs so much she wanted to write about them.  I told him I should write a book about him since I loved him so much and he said he would like to write a book about Babes McGee and I said because you love her so much and he said yes.  Tuesday we had a rough few moments and honestly I called on the name of Jesus for help and Symeon looked up at me and said why did you say Jesus and I said because I need his help right now and he said oh but he is helping someone else right now.  I just started laughing which was exactly what I needed.  Tonight I had to run some errands and since it was -2 I decided to leave the kid with Shawn.  When I returned home Symeon looked up at me and said I only cried for a few minutes and I asked why he was crying and he told me because he missed me so much and I told him I missed him too.  Finally tonight when I put Symeon to bed he asked to sleep in my bed and I told him no Daddy and I sleep together but he decided he could sleep on Daddy's side and I asked where Shawn would sleep and he told me on an air mattress he does not miss a beat and he always has an answer when you ask him a question and they are usually pretty creative.

They remind me on a regular basis what it means to enjoy life, love freely, and forgive easily and often and God knows these are all reminders I need.

No comments: