Sunday, September 26, 2010

Marin and the potty

Here is Marin after she asked to go on the potty and then proceeded to let me know she needed a magazine.  She is so funny and so communicative.  She also loves to drink water from the toilet by the cup full.  The other day I was walking past our bathroom and the light was off but out of the corner of my eye I spotted Marin.  I turned around and went it to find her using her small play teacup to drink water from the toilet.  I took her out cleaned the cup and closed the door.  A few days later she came out of the bathroom with her little cup filled with water and I assumed Shawn had filled her cup,  she drank it and disappeared and when she returned she had a bit more.  I said to Shawn did you get her that "tea" which is what she calls it and he said yes.  I said did you get her the first cup and he said no. We both were like where is she getting that water. Sometimes she gets Symeon to turn the water on for her but he was busy.  You think I would have realized quickly but I was having a slow Mom day.  Her third time out she has the cup filled to the top and she is drinking it and it hit me I yelled Shawn grab that from her it is from the toilet.  She was and is very distraught that toilet water is off limits.


No comments: