Friday, July 24, 2009

Sleep and Ice Cream two of my favorite things

Here is a picture of Marin sleeping for the first time, since she was born, on her own during the day. Today she slept for about a half an hour in her crib which is also a first. She continues to be a great night sleeper usually 10 hours without waking up and last night she slept for 12 hours straight but during the day she will only sleep if you are holding her so this picture marks a milestone in her life. Please hear me no complaints on my part she could want to be held all night. She is becoming such a joyful baby who easily smiles and loves people. We are having so much fun with her.






Symeon shares my love of ice cream here is a great picture of him enjoying his first cone that was all his. We usually just share our cones with him but the other day we ordered him a tiny tiny soft serve on his own cone and he loved it. We would have to take it every little bit and lick around it but overall he did pretty good all on his own. I am so proud to be raising a good ice cream lover! The funny thing about this trip out for ice cream is that this man kept calling Symeon a girl. Shawn and I kept saying him or referring to him as Marin's brother and the guy kept saying your little girl, she will sleep well tonight etc. When we got in the car I asked Shawn is Symeon looks like a girl and we both don't think he does but we are his parents. So please tell me if you think he looks like a girl. Granted his hair is a bit long but I like it this way and he is awfully "pretty" so I can understand I guess but really when I look at him I see all boy but is that the blind eye of a mother?

Jenny I thought you would love to know this fact about Symeon. I hope Nadia shares our love for ice cream as well. When you come back to the states we will all have to go out and enjoy some really good ice cream. Oh Liks I miss you!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh my goodness is Marin getting big!! miss you guys xoxo Auntie

Jenny said...

ooh good ice cream! definitely not part of southern africa cuisine--stink! i too hope nadia will like ice cream (but not get my allergy too chocolate). see you at an ice cream parlor in 2010! jenny