Monday, July 20, 2009

Happy Father's Day

I never did a Father's Day post since we were coming home from a week in CT that had been a bit rough and Shawn was just getting back from being in Chicago for a week. On Father's Day we unpacked all our stuff, did laundry, and grocery shopped. I guess that is the reality of being a Dad. In the midst of all that we did honor Shawn and tried to express to him how much he is loved and appreciated. I got him and the kids matching attire from In N'Out Burger, Shawn's favorite burger place.

But Shawn I did want to take a few minutes to say what an amazing Father you are. Shawn stays home with our children full time, has started his own very successful small business, and he is a part time youth pastor. He does it all dishes, cleaning, laundry, and taking care of all of us. He is patient, loving, fun to be around, and he adores our children. I have been so blessed to have this amazing man in my life for 12 years. Thank you Shawn for all that you do for us and for all that you give up for us. Your caring loving ways are so appreciated by us all. Here are a few pictures that show just a glimpse of the amazing man I am married. I love you Shawn and Happy Father's Day a bit late.



Shawn doing a little work while being with Marin.



This is how Shawn spends a good poriton of his day. Marin likes to be held while she sleeps during the day so most day Shawn wears her in a sling. He is such a good Father.



We call this his sleeper hold. When she is having a hard time settling down for sleeps Shawn holds her like this and she is out cold. Symeon loved to sleep like this as well but only for Shawn neither of them would sleep like this for me. A Daddy's touch!


Shawn is always willing to have fun and play. I look forward to the days when he will be able to pitch to Symeon and Marin.



Shawn and his baby girl!



I have to add a recent conversation Shawn had with Marin. When she is fussy in the evening sometimes I can't put her down for even a minute without her crying. So one time I put her in her little seat near Shawn and told him to talk to her so I could go to the bathroom. Well she was in her chair all of 10 seconds when she began fussing. Shawn began talking to her and he said Marin you look so pretty today what a cute outfit, then he complimented her hair and when she was still fussing he pulled out the big gun my Marin you look so thin have you lost weight? I started laughing so hard and I told him great job honey you hit all the hot spots for a woman!

2 comments:

Amy said...

Love It!!! That is such a sweet conversation! I think she has him wrapped!

Joel and Jenny said...

Shawn, I tell you that sling is the best thing since sliced bread. Whenever Nadia is in it she sleeps, well, 'like a baby' and it packs so nicely.