Sunday, October 23, 2011

The air mattress what fun

Every once in awhile the kids (especially Symeon) convince me to blow up the air mattress for some fun.  I have to admit the creativity that flows when we blow it up is amazing.  They make forts, it becomes a boat, an island, a bounce house you name it they have thought of it.  Well on this particular day I found Symeon pushing one of our tall kitchen bar stools toward the living room and I asked what he was doing.  Well he proceeded to tell me he needed the stool to get on the top of the air mattress so he could jump off of it.  As you can imagine I was a bit confused since the mattress in about 2 feet tall he could easily climb up on it so I went to check it out and this is what I found.  You see he and Babes propped it up on its side against the couch and he needed the stool to climb to the top near the ceiling so he could jump off from up there.  Well I nixed that idea and we deflated the air mattress later that day sometimes a break from something fun is a good idea.  This was several weeks ago and the other day he asked me to blow it up in his room so he could jump off his bed and dresser onto it so I am thinking we might need a longer break from the air mattress than I thought.   

No comments: