Sunday, November 14, 2010

Oh the big move...

Well we said good-bye to all our worldly possessions last week and we are on our way to Denver via Telford PA and a wedding in York but today we headed West for Colorado.  We pulled out of Shawn's families house and we drove .8 of a mile and we had to stop and get Marin a prescription since she has bronchitis.   Then we had to wait for the script so we went to WAWA for coffee and sandwiches and filled up on gas, then back to CVS gave her the medicine, and headed west yet again, then Symeon asked for more turkey from my sandwich we did not have so we stopped at another WAWA and bought more Turkey which he ate one piece and said he was done oh yes they we had to stop at another gas station for Shawn and I to do to the bathroom so it took us 1.5 hours to go 10 miles.  We had a good laugh about it and headed West yet again and we are now in Ohio.  Oh the joy of the journey! 

We hope to be in Denver on Friday so we have plenty of time.  I wanted to take picture of us all in the car but I forgot in the chaos of leaving.  Our kids are managing quite well for all the chaos of the last several months.  The one issue they are both having seems to be the need to be able to see me at all times if I go out  of the room them both get pretty upset.  I am sure when we settle in again and get back to our routine this will pass or at least I hope because I am not sure how many more times I can go to the bathroom with them both standing there watching me.   

We have had a rough couple of weeks as we have prepared for our move.  It all started with some unwelcomed guests in our apartment which caused us to have to throw away our bed.  Then those guests moved to our sofa and to the dumpster it went.  Then our carpet was ripped up which left us with no furniture and really bad floors.  Then a small mouse which we named Mickey moved in and when we moved Shawn's desk which we have not moved in 4 years we realized Mickey had been living with us for quite a long time.  In the midst of trying to finish packing up our home our dear sweet Symeon was diagnosed with Bronchitis and he was miserable.  Then our dear children were hanging on my desk where the TV was sitting and they pulled the whole thing down on themselves and sent our TV into our table and cracked the screen.  So the TV joined our other stuff in the dumpster.  Finally we left for my in-laws house because it would be 10 days until our POD and our stuff would be in Denver and Shawn's cousin was getting married.  We were about 15 minutes from their house when the car over heated and we drove the rest of the way with the heat running.  We called the Subaru dealership and they looked at it the next day and bad news blown head gasket which was a bit expensive.  Two days later we had the car back.  Then two days ago I fell down a flight of stairs and messed up my back and bruised by tailbone which makes an 1,800 mile trip a bit uncomfortable.  Finally as you read in the top of this post our dear sweet Marin also has bronchitis.  I am writing this all down not to complain about the last two months of life but to remind myself that God was faithful in so many ways during this time and that many of these situations could have been so much worse.  I also want to remember the obstacles that were in our path when we were following God's will for our lives.  Like my Mom told me God has good things for you guys in Denver do not be discouraged and with that I close to lay on my side and give my aching butt a rest. 

Here are a few pictures of our life in transitions...




 This camping chair was the only furniture we had for a couple of weeks.

 This is said desk that was pulled down and the tv that was thrown in the dumpster.  

I had to use this stool alot during the move and Marin loved to find creative ways to help.  You will notice her face is blue from an M&M she found somewhere but I am sure I don't want to know where.  
The kids loved the empty cabinets.

 Marin's make shift breakfast table which she loved.

Symeon's make shift computer desk which he hated because Marin could get her hands on it.  He was so sick and such a trooper through the whole thing.  I think he just wanted to sit which we tried to do but we also had to get packed so it was a rough few days for us all.  
We were watching them take our POD
 It was neat to see how they  moved it.

One last picture of all of our stuff in our POD just in case it does not make it to Denver. 

3 comments:

Everything Belongs said...

What are you guys going to be doing in Denver? Sorry to hear of all the difficulties..my goodness...I hope you all have a safe, healthy trip "home!"

Lisa said...

Thinking of you making your way across the country. Sad for me but happy that you all are finding "your place". Be safe!

Amy said...

Oh my!!! I do not envy all of that! I guess your 'new start' will truly be a new start! I pray God's richest and best is yours as you follow Him to Denver. Feel better!