Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Happy Halloween

I am not one of those people who has a problem with Halloween.  I don't let the kids be anything scary but I love trick or treat as much as they do.  This year Symeon and Marin were really into dressing up and once they figured out people gave you candy they were really excited.  Marin made it about half way around our friends neighborhood and then she started biting through the candy wrappers to get to her chocolate.  We had a very enjoyable time together as a family and with some dear friends. 

The day before Halloween the kids walked around Paxton wishing people Happy Halloween and giving out candy to the residents and staff.  It was funny then on Halloween night Symeon insisted he needed candy in his bucket to give out to the people in the houses.  I finally convinced him that others were going to give him candy but I loved that he enjoyed giving so much that he wanted to do it again. 

Here are some pictures of our dear Lady Bug and Fireman. 


 Passing out candy to their Paxton friends. 

Stopped by to see their dear friend Ms. Rachel who is taking over my position at Paxton.  She is a treasure in my life and the life of our family.  She will be deeply missed by us all.  
Sharing candy with some weekly volunteers at Paxton.  These guys come faithfully every Wednesday and help with all kinds of projects one was fixing the kids swing set.


  We stopped in to visit our dear friend Baby Emma.  She lives on the second floor with her parents Kate and Josh.  She is about 10 months old and the kids love her and she loves them and their antics.  Emma wears a most of Marin's hand me downs which is so special for me.  Here is the sitting nice picture

 Here is the scared baby look, oh gosh what are these two doing?  


 I am not sure what Marin is telling Emma but I am sure it is good!


 Hey Emma could you check an see if I spilled something on my wings?  


 Here they are giving candy to their dear friend Ray.  He works with the residents on our floor and he loves the kids and they love him.  He is a fun loving spirit that draws the kids to him and he is always happy to take a few minutes to chat with them.  He will be deeply  missed by our family.  

LET THE TRICK OR TREATING BEGIN!


 Jonah Derr, Marin, and Symeon getting ready to hit the Spellman's neighborhood.


 Yes I am one of those Mother's who loves to dress up and the kids loved it as well.  I plan to dress up until I start embarrassing them and maybe even a bit longer.  Shawn was a hockey player, Marin a ladybug, Symeon a fireman which he picked out himself, and I was a cat.  I had to make my own ears, tail, etc because the only cat costume I could find for an adult was a bit sleazy. 




This dear sweet lady said she waits all year for the little ones to come around and see her. I could have chatted with her all night but the kids were onto the next house but only after she insisted they take multiple candies.  
 Since Symeon was a fireman he really wanted his pictures taken with a fire hydrant so we obliged. 


I had the cutest red shoes for Marin to wear with her costume but she refused completely and totally.  I also had the cutest antenna but she would not leave the head band on her head.  So she was a pink shoe wearing, antenna-less, super cute lady bug.  I picked her costume this year because I figure next year she will know exactly what she wants to be and I am sure she will tell me. 


1 comment:

Everything Belongs said...

Looks like you all had a wonderful time! Shelva, what is next for you guys? Looks like I missed what was going on...Many blessings as you transition!