Tuesday, June 9, 2009

I will pee alone again some day.....

I know this is an unusual title for a post but these are a few observations I have made over the last month with two children. I am sure some of you can relate to a few of these.

1. Some day I will pee without a sleeping infant in my arms or without a toddler standing next to me, or without a toddler knocking on the door to be let in and when I do I will probably be lonely.
2. I have never been more aware of my boobs than the first time I wore a bra in 5th grade and I might add I still remember what I was wearing that day a red and black stripped shirt.
3. Most days my kids look really cute and I look like some mom they picked up off the street because they felt bad for her.
4. Taking two kids under the age of 15 months to the grocery store is an adventure not a shopping trip.
5. You can still wear a shirt even if an infant pees on it.
6. I believed having a second child doubled the work but gosh that was just silly thinking and when I mentioned this to friends who have kids they laughed and I asked why they didn't tell me and they said then no one would have a second if they knew.
7. Deep down I am a quiet person and to much screaming from anyone can get to me even when it is the fruit of my loins. Wait do I have loins?
8. The joy they bring is priceless and I can't put into words how much I enjoy being a mother to both of them.
9. There are no sweeter sounds than a brother laughing at his baby sister's hiccups.
10. And finally you know you have two kids under 15 months when your late night tv watching is Wheel of Fortune and Jeopardy which begin at 7 pm.

But seriously I would not have it any other way. I read Symeon books tonight kissed him and put him to bed then I nursed Marin and held her for an hour while she slept in my arms. There is no place else in the world I would have been tonight except home with my babies. I look forward to the many other lessons they will teach me in the days, weeks, months, and years ahead.


Symeon kissing his sister


Symeon meeting Marin for the first time


Symeon showing Oma his new sister

2 comments:

The Hamons said...

I am BEAMING smiling from ear to ear reading this post. What a joyous time in our lives!! This no-Daddy transition has been a bit stressful on Evan but even in his MOST FRUSTRATING acting out moments, I would trade ANYTHING in. Still hoping to meet your little ones soon. Know that you are all loved!

Amy said...

You had me and Colombo cracking up!!!! All so true. Ahhhh, motherhood! Wouldn't trade it for the world!