Friday, June 26, 2009

1 month

I can't believe Marin is already a month old. It feels like she has always been here and yet I feel like I don't know her very well just yet. We are all still trying to figure each other out. Symeon is warming to his baby sister. He calls her Sissy and we have all followed suit so most of the time she is Sissy which is nice because now she has an "S" name like the rest of us. Symeon tries to give her pretzels and cheese and when she is crying he gave her his Cat in the Hat which is pretty nice if you know how attached he is to it. If she is crying and I don't get her he will come over to me crying like her, he can imitate her really well and he will stand there doing her cry until I get her which is usually quick because no one wants to hear two infant cries!

Marin is very sweet and sleeps well at night she is usually only up one time to nurse and she often sleeps in until 8. She loves to be held and often does not want to be put down for more than a couple of minutes unless it is at night which can make the days a bit tough. She smiles easily and often with sweet little dimples. At her one month check up she was 11.2 lbs and 23 inches long which means she gained a little over 3 lbs and grew 4 inches since she was born. I thought she looked bigger but I had no idea.

Here are few pictures of our sweet girl. Oh I forgot to add that she has flipped herself over twice from her belly to her back I am not sure she knows how she does it but she does not like it and we usually have to flip her back over or she gets upset. We are enjoying her and Symeon and we are beginning to settle into a routine of sorts but we must admit some days are fun and relaxing and some days are so stressful you want to pull out your hair but I guess that is true with all of life not just days with children.










1 comment:

Amy said...

She is soooo sweet. I'm a little jealous of the sleep your getting, but not so jealous that you're doing this with a 15 month old! God is gracious to give you a sleeper. Can't believe the growth!!! I have a feeling Rocco has done the same. We'll find out on Wednesday.