Monday, August 18, 2008

Symeon's half birthday

Symeon is six months old today and it is weird to think about. Shawn and I were reflecting in some ways it feels much longer than six months and in other ways it feels much shorter. All we know for sure is that we are blessed to have Symeon and each day brings joy and lots of new adventures. I read a friend's blog and she said on the eve of her children's birthdays she goes into their rooms when they are asleep and cries so she is able to fully enjoy the next day and the next stage of life. And although it is not Symeon's birthday I thought it is a good practice for someone like me who struggles with any kind of change. So last night when I was putting him to sleep I realized I love the stage he is in and at the same time I grieve what we are leaving behind by celebrating his half birthday. I shed a few tears, held him for a long time after he fell asleep, and thanked God for his life. I appreciate the insight from a seasoned Mom and it really helped me approach today with a sense of wonder and excitement for all that his life will hold.



Crawling is helpful but it seems he is ready for his next challenge. Standing!!



A true Philly Phanatic











Symeon and PaPaw



Symeon just started drinking out of a sippy cup and it is a hit. You will also notice he is wearing a tie because we went out to a nice seafood restaurant and it was a formal occasion. Thanks Auntie Traci that I had something to wear. He gets so many comments on this shirt when he wears it and really it is quite funny to see him in it.

4 comments:

Andi said...

A man who wears a tie and can drink from a cup - when will he be old enough to date?

Anonymous said...

oh my goodness i must say i shed a tear looking at his beautiful face today he is getting so big!! that shirt does rock ...another 2 months and hes going to be running around thats when you will have to baby proof everything. even things that you think don't need to be baby proofed will need to be baby proofed. i miss you all so much please give symeon a big kiss form me love ya guys auntie traci

Lisa said...

Ah yes, change...and more specifically the passing of time. So sad, so amazing. Bittersweet in every way.

I cannot believe how advanced he is! Very much looking forward to seeing you again.

Amy said...

I love the shirt with tie...too funny! I'm glad you were able to grieve AND celebrate...the circle of life. It just goes too fast.