Saturday, May 14, 2011

Easter

I am pretty far behind with the blog posts I want to do being away for 10 days and now sick with terrible allergies for a week have thrown me off a bit.  I am going to plug along this week and try to get caught up so no better place to start than Easter.  We celebrated twice once in Denver and then again in PA.  Here are the festivities in Denver. 

Coloring Easter Eggs

















The hands that are proof of lots of fun


Making Rice Krispy Treat Easter Eggs filled with M&M's






 Oh the awe and wonder of finding the M&M's


Finished product without the decorations which we could not get to stick.  They were fun and yummy!


Easter Sunday at our home in Denver

The scavenger hunt that I do every year.  Symeon is getting really good at guessing the clues I am going to have to up  my game next year. 



He figured out a clue and was on his way to find the beach ball he had been asking for every trip to Target for a month.  


Easter Best

I am not usually one to buy special outfit for just one day I would rather use a hand me down, something they already have or I might buy something that they could wear more than once.  That said this year I decided to buy "Easter Outfits" although practical ones.  Symeon picked out his purple shirt and he already had nice pants so done and then we coordinated Marin with him buy her a purple dress and a big splurge for me cute little pink shoes that matched and a yellow sweater because Easter back East can be cold although it was not this year.  I was able to get some cute pictures of them together even with the sugar high and the time crunch for church.   











Dinner and the  Easter Egg Hunt

We had a nice Easter dinner although I did not take one picture of it and then we went outside for an egg hunt which the kids loved.  Our friends were over with their daughter Sophia which was such fun.  










We had a blessed Easter and we hope your family did as well. 

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Shelva, you look amazing! Love the haircut, you wear it very well. Thanks for the update and all the pictures! Marin looks a little out of place in a dress for some reason.

I was thinking of you so much this weekend as I was in PA. Miss you much!