Saturday, August 22, 2009

The story of the balloon

Shawn often goes to Fed Ex to drop off tickets and next door is a hair cutting place that has balloons tied to their sign. Well Symeon loves balloons and the ladies think he is so cute so they often give him one. The other day Symeon went with Shawn and got a balloon from his friends.

We then went out to dinner at a local pizza place where we made a rookie parent mistake and we let Symeon take the ballon into the restaurant. (I am sure you seasoned parents can imagine where this is going.) The balloon was tied to his shorts and when his food came we had to remove it so we attached it to Shawn's chair. Well half way through the meal I looked over and the ballon was gone. I casually looked up to see the balloon stuck on one of the rafters pretty high up. I told Shawn to look up hoping Symeon would not notice but he did and he began pointing saying OOON OOON over and over. We felt so bad for him Shawn finally stood on a chair in the middle of a crowded restaurant to get the balloon. I was laughing so hard and I thought oh what we won't do for our kids. Symeon never threw a fit he just looked so sad we had to help.

If you know Shawn then you also know drawing attention to himself in a crowded restaurant is not high on his list of things to do. He is a great Dad and lesson learned all balloons stay in the car.

So here is a picture of Shawn drinking his beer and holding "his" balloon. It was priceless and I am still laughing as I write this post. Oh I wish you could have all been there.

No comments: